Thursday, May 17, 2012

Doubtless in This Place

Psalm 126
1When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
2Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them.
3 The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.
4 Turn again our captivity, O Lord, as the streams in the south.
5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

I thought back of all the cherished moments in my years --and thanked God for life and His working in it. I thought quizzically of the future. At the time, the past was not so beautiful, but the present changes my perception of it. The past is somehow sweeter, more tender... The surety of God's hand within changes my sight.

  Lord, fix my mind where my feet are. Waiting or working, this place is important towards me --even in uncertainty. Doubtless, God shalt bring forth purpose from purposelessness. Strength from weakness. Joy from joylessness. This place is precious. This place is for the pleasure and purpose of the Father's keeping of me here. I stand doubtless in this place, knowing that the Lord ensures virtue afterward. I shall rejoice for abundant life now!

No comments:

Post a Comment